PSAM is the state chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Members are required to belong to both organizations. Here are the benefits of membership:
- Discounted registration rates to PSAM meetings and educational conference, and ASAM’s State of the Art, MRO courses.
- Free copies of ASAM News and the Journal of Addiction Medicine. Both are also available online. (Note: Early Career Physicians, Residents, and Students receive only online-access to the journal, print copies are not mailed to these members.)
- Discounts on educational content from ASAM conferences that are available online through ASAM's Live Learning Center as audio synched to PowerPoint presentations with handouts. CME credits are available as well.
- Discounts on publications, including the Patient Placement Criteria (PPC-2R), which is the most widely used and comprehensive national guidelines for placement, continued stay and discharge of patients with alcohol and other drug problems.
- ASAM's Career Center which offers discounts to members for posting position openings, and as well as the ability to post positions with the National Healthcare Network (NHCN) – a growing network of over 200 top healthcare associations and professional organizations. Job seekers can also post free and confidential resumes, and receive email notification of new job listings.
- Addiction Medicine 101 – a series of slide presentations that will educate and enhance your professional development and clinical practice, and is available to members from the Members Only section of the website.